OpenText™ Web Site Management (RedDot CMS) Server und Delivery (Live) Server Updates
Hallo liebe Leser,
es gibt ein neue Updates in der OpenText™ Knowledge Base. Hier die Release Notes zu der neuen Version... ;)
Der Download erfolgt direkt über das OpenText™ Knowledge Center und für den Management (RedDot CMS) Server gibt es folgende Updates:
OpenText™ Web Site Management Server Release 16.0 Service Pack 2
- New actions for assets and folders: Copy assets, move assets, save as, rename folder.
- Searching in user-defined attributes of assets.
- Support of subfolder publication and new strategy to prevent assets from being unintentionally overwritten in a publication target.
- Inheritance of folder authorization packages for asset folder and subfolders.
- User-defined attributes can be made mandatory individually.
- Asset uploads can be restricted to a maximum file size per folder.
- When assigning an asset to a page element that has asset restrictions set up in its element options, those restrictions now prevent unsuitable files from being uploaded.
- Support for dragging and dropping local files onto SmartEdit to upload and assign them to a page element.
- Extended the upload dialog with a button that copies the value of a user-defined attribute value to all other uploads at once.
- Improved support for video file type assets by adding video metadata and video playback to the details view of such assets.
- New dialog that shows the usages of assets by page elements, content classes, page definitions and by other projects.
- Added a way to import assets and folders from a local file system.
- Support of content class versioning. Content classes imported via the staging package are creating new versions.
- Added reports for staging jobs that are written as plain text files to the staging package directory. These reports contain:
- General information on the staging job and its parameters
- Statistics on reads, writes, references and matches
- Information on the main objects handled by the staging job, for example, objects of types Binary, Folder, ContentClass, and ContentClassElements
Media Management Integration
- Support for mapping multilingual metadata from Media Management to language variants of the Management Server project.
- CKEditor has been updated to version 4.7.
- Added Universal C Runtime (CRT) as a system requirement.
- Documentation for the REST API is provided as part of the Management Server installation and can be downloaded at http(s)://server/CMS/WebService/v2/doc/RestApiDocs.zip. The Management Server REST API documentation is no longer installed by default. To access the documentation, extract the RestApiDocs.zip file into a folder that you can access through a web server.
- Server hostname is now visible in the status bar.
- Extended the option Project -> General Settings -> Workflow and Translation -> Search and Tasks consider authorization settings for users to also have effect on translation tasks.
- New search conditions:
- Added searching for text in content elements (text elements with and without ASCII text option set; standard field elements of types text, number, e-mail, URL and user-defined; option list elements).
- Added searching for pages with a Linking and Appearance schedule that matches given criteria.
- Added project-wide setting that, when enabled, forces users to pick filenames that are unique per language variant when creating a new page or saving the properties of an existing one.
- In CKEditor, when adding a link to an asset that is stored in an asset folder, you can enter “additional attributes” into a text field that will be appended as a fragment identifier to the asset URL. This can be used, for example, to link to a specific page in a PDF file. If you enter “page=3”, the published URL will look like this: "/mydocument.pdf#page=3".
- Added an action menu item “Inherit to Instances” for detailed authorization package preassignments on content class elements in SmartTree. Can be used to assign a detailed authorization package to the page elements of all existing pages based on the content class in whose context the menu item is used.
- Extended authorization packages with new authorization “Reference page from other project”.
- New type of authorization package “Page definition authorization package” that can be used to control use of page definitions.
- Unreleased structure changes can now be published with the option "Publish unreleased pages" at the project variant settings.
- Pages copied using the "Copy and connect the page from clipboard" functionality will now have the same keyword assignments as the original page.
- Extended the publishing log files with more information about the project and language variant being published, as well as the server on which the publication job is being run.
- Enhanced the Linking and Appearance schedule dialog.
- Made inheritance behavior of publication packages configurable in the project settings.
- Inheritance overrides preassignment (default)
- Inheritance only overrides preassignments at the new page’s navigation list
- Preassignment overrides inheritance
- Plug-in enhancements
- New option for plug-ins: “Keep window open”
- Assigned plug-ins can be listed per project in Server Manager
- New action “Assign Plug-ins from Clipboard” has been added to Server Manager
- Several RQL enhancements
- Master page settings
- Search within content elements and linking and appearance schedule
- Extended "Publish" dialog with new option "Select all project variants".
- The info element types "Page: SmartEdit URL" and "Page: URL of Calling Page" have been extended with new options "Project Variant" and "Language Variant".
- Site builders are now able to define a default filter for Web Comliance Manager results per project variant. The default filter is pre-selected for all users and can be changed by each user to fit his individual needs.
- Enhanced the dialogs for creating new pages to offer the list of content classes either as a list or as a tiled view with larger preview symbols, switchable by the user.
Fixed Issues in 16.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 22.214.171.124)
||Users can access 'Administer Project Settings' without the PS role (ITSM 3081353)
||404 when using SmartTree quick search box in Edge browser (ITSM 3043478)
||German umlauts in template names are replaced with other characters in the filename of the exported template (ITSM 3062513)
||Delete command not working for root folders in asset folder (ITSM 3017114)
||When editing an Image Element with "Only allow files with the following properties" criteria set, visualize the applied filter better in Asset Manager UI (ITSM 2959550)
Der Download erfolgt direkt über das OpenText™ Knowledge Center und für den Delivery (Live) Server gibt es folgende Updates:
OpenText™ Web Site Management Delivery Server Release 16.0 Service Pack 2
- Extend the powerful RESTful API to allow access to users and user groups of Delivery Server. REST API documentation is available within the Delivery Server user interface, see Server Manager -> System -> Show REST API
- New hot deployment definitions to develop and deploy custom REST-APIs. Example is available at OpenText Developer Network - My Support https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/Open/68336967
- New inline function getVisitorLocaleValue() returns a locale and time zone, separated by a semicolon (for example: en;US/Pacific). To use this inline function, geolocation must be enabled (go to: Server Manager > Configuration > User configuration > Tracking). Information about the user’s time zone are retrieved from the geolocation database or, if not available, from an internal database of Delivery Server.
- Installation enhancements to use existing key store.
- Customer specific configuration settings: In the setenv.bat/sh file, you can add your own configuration settings to the Custom Entries block. All settings within this Custom Entries block are taken over when you perform an upgrade. Note that this applies only to standard installations where Delivery Server is not installed as a service.
- Performance enhancements of the Delivery Server administration user interface to handle users and user groups.
- Extend the Reporting Module with new standard reports of the Management Server SmartEdit panel with:
- Page impression by user group: Number of page impressions per user group for registered users for the selected time range. The user groups with the highest numbers of page impressions are displayed.
- The user search/filter at Delivery Server administration works now case insensitive. This also apply to the user dynament mode report. Example search/filter criteria: KATE, kaTE, kATe finds user kate.
Fixed Issues in 16.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 126.96.36.1992)
||'Attribute ''key.0'' not found' on Oracle .war installation with manual database creation. This has been fixed. (ITSM 3091112)
Über den Autor:
... ist Senior Site Reliability Engineer bei der Vodafone GmbH in Düsseldorf. Seit dem Jahr 2007 betreut er zusammen mit seinen Kollegen die OpenText- (vormals RedDot-) Plattform Web Site Management für die deutsche Konzernzentrale.
Er entwickelt Erweiterungen in Form von Plug-Ins und PowerShell Skripten. Seit den Anfängen in 2001 (RedDot CMS 4.0) kennt er sich speziell mit der Arbeitweise und den Funktionen des Management Server aus.