Plug-Ins: "Delete Duplicate Folder Assignments" (OotB)
Title: Delete Duplicate Folder Assignments (OotB)
Developed by: OpenText™ (OotB with R16.SP1.HF7 / 184.108.40.2065)
Download: OpenText™ MySupport
Plug-in Delete Duplicate Folder Assignments
The Delete Duplicate Folder Assignments tool is available with a standard installation of Management
Which problems can be resolved with the tool?
Duplicate assignments of publication folders to Management Server folders could have been created
in older versions before version 16 by parallel running actions (for example by simultaneously
expanding nodes in SmartTree or by publishing multiple variants). The duplicates cannot be seen in
SmartTree but may affect publication jobs.
How to install the plug-in?
The plug-in can be installed in Plug-In administration in Server Manager. The node Server
Manager/Administer Projects/Projects node is preconfigured as default target and should not be
Select the project which should be repaired.
In a first step, the plug-in resolves all duplicate assignments that can be resolved automatically:
- Duplicates that have identical assignments are reduced to one assignment.
- For duplicates that have empty assignments and assignments to existing publication folders, the empty assignments are deleted automatically. The results of this action will be displayed in the results dialog. It is recommended to verify manually if the assignments are correct.
- Duplicate that have two different assignments to existing publication folder are displayed and
can be repaired after manual confirmation.
As result of the execution, the plug-in lists:
- assignments that have been repaired automatically,
- assignments that have been repaired manually, and
- assignments that have not been repaired.
Preliminary steps and precautions
Before executing the plug-in for a project, it is recommended to create a database backup of the
project. During the execution, no user or tool should work on the project and it should be locked for